Specialty Metals HoldCo LLC, the parent company of The C.A. Lawton Co., Temperform, Damascus Steel Casting Company, and The C.A. Lawton Co. – Minster, OH (former foundry division of Nidec Minster), and the newly acquired Penn-Mar Castings is changing its name to The Lawton Standard Co.
Alex Lawton, CEO of The Lawton Standard Co., says, “We knew the platform name was a placeholder for internal use. We needed time to define whom we wanted to be in the marketplace. The future of these foundries as a group has become more clear recently, and now is the perfect time for us to realign the organization for long-term growth.”
Tim Flannery, CFO of The Lawton Standard Co. and Principal at Oakland Standard Co., says, “What excites me about this platform is the innovation and knowledge sharing across locations. Lawton Standard is implementing the best practices from each location across the entire company. Together, we’ll work to close the generation gap, raise the talent level in the foundry space, entice manufacturers to bring more activity and casting spend back onshore, and positively impact the communities in which we live. The Lawton Standard name is a nod to Oakland Standard, but it’s also about raising foundry standards of quality, safety, and technology.”
Though other names were suggested, the leadership team was unanimous; The Lawton Standard Co. is the right fit. The leadership team takes personal pride in the family-oriented culture of The C.A. Lawton Co. and what the “Lawton” name stands for in the industry. “Standard” is because the metals platform will keep raising the standard of iron and steel foundries.
Here are a few of Lawton Standard’s aspirations:
- To move from a handful of foundries to an integrated supplier of castings with the same management characteristics, practices, mission, and vision.
- To bring the Lawton family culture into each location.
- To put the Planet and People first. Then Profits. But always balancing all three.
- To bring aging foundries into the future and close generation gaps in the industry.
- To make a positive impact on the communities where we live and work.